I have learned that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by a wonderful blogger, lyrallya, and I recommend that you check out her very awesome blog at: http://lyrallya.wordpress.com/ as her talent and creativeness in blogging really shine. Thank you so much for this nomination, I had realized later that I misspelled Liebster by calling it Lieber Award on this page, but I don’t want to break the link by changing it right now. I haven’t been blogging for very long at all!! I have also learned that these are the rules of the Lieber Award:
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
11 Facts About Me: 1. Faith in God is the most important thing to me. I really cling to this when overwhelmed by troubles.
2. I love to go on hikes, nature walks and geocaching. Geocaching is the adventuresome way to hike. You need to follow your gps to a set of pre-determined coordinates and hunt for an hidden object.
3. I don’t like winter and very much look forward to spring. Therefore green is my favorite color. 4. I I grew up on a small rural farm in Wisconsin with 3 siblings.
5. I am afraid of almost any reptile.
6. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are my favorite candy bars.
7. I am a Star Trek fan; I like the fun and the adventure of it. I take life too seriously at times and don’t laugh easily. The often unexpected humor in Star Trek can make me smile and laugh.
8. In addition to poetry I also write children’s stories, short stories, and even am working on a novel.
9. As a young girl, I once had my long hair pulled by a monkey because I got too close to his cage; I was in tears because that very excited little monkey pulled incredibly hard with his two little fists and wouldn’t let go. Never get too close to a monkey’s cage!
10. Also while growing up, I used to ride horse with my best friend almost every weekend
11. I once rode in a hot air balloon and only once because it crashed; all 16 of us survived without injuries and lived to tell a great tale!
My 11 Questions from lyrallya whose own inspirational blog is: http://lyrallya.wordpress.com/
- What is your favorite TV-show? While growing up it was Little House on the Prairie but now it is reruns of Star Trek. Also Amazing Race. I also still watch Little House and The Waltons.
- Were you named after someone else or does your name have a special meaning? My given name is actually Becky Jo (not Rebecca) and I was named in reference to an old TV show called Petticoat Junction. That was my mother’s favorite show. My grandmother just loved my name so to her, i was always Becky Jo.
- What is your favorite flower? Black eyed Susans. i usually find them when I go on nature walks.
- If you could be any animal, what would you be? Probably a cat. I like cats.
- What are you most proud of? My family
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Hawaii
- What is on top of your bucket list? Take a vacation to Hawaii
- Are you happy today? Yes
- Name three pet peeves! When someone is too quick to judge or draw conclusions without understanding, solicitors on the phone or at the door, and hang up phone calls.
- What is your biggest flaw? Impatience
- What are you most scared of? Snakes and bats
My 11 nominees:
1, MicroGalactic: http://galacivilization.wordpress.com/
3. Wax’s World: http://waxyworld.wordpress.com/
4. Source of Inspiration: http://patcegan.wordpress.com/
5. Poetry and Coffee: http://jameskolt.wordpress.com/
6. Postcards from Russia: http://postcardsfromrussia.com/postcards-from-russia/
7. Pavanneh: http://pavanneh.com/
8. Tonight at Dawn: http://tonightatdawn.com/
9. Jamila: http://puritywaves.wordpress.com/
10. Easter Ellen: http://easterellen.com/
11. Grace: http://graceholden.wordpress.com/
My 11 Questions to My 11 Nominees:
1. What is the most important thing in life for you?
2. Who is the most influential person in your life and why?
3. What is your favorite season or holiday?
4. What is your favorite vacation place?
5. What is your favorite book or book series?
6. What inspires you to write and blog?
7. Where is your favorite place to sit and write or blog?
8. Do you have a favorite verse or quote and, if so, what is it?
9. Are you a morning person or a nightowl?
10. What are some of your favorite hobbies?
11. Do you have a favorite holiday or childhood memory and, if so, what is it?